Wednesday 5 October 2011

DISILLUSIONMENT, TOWARDS REALITY...


For some certain reasons, MANAN CHAUDHARY, you inspired me to write this... :-)

Ah! Sweet illusions…
An illusion it was,
the world of bourgeoisie,
with its blinding glitters,
echoing trumpets,
in stately mansions.

A tomorrow, anticipated,
unfolded into the ghastly moment,
and the mask fell off.

He was disgusted, pained,
as soon as he could register
the blood soaked thorns.
Hopes, companions, life;
wasted, left behind,
all for this medley of pseudo-friends?

Free flowing Madeira,
A concoction of Cocaine –
It was never what he wanted,
what he toiled for!
Still he was forced
to burn (and drown!)
in what is considered a ‘prize’ –
only for the winners.

My friend! How I wish
I could help you see,
their parameters of freedom – so different –
Aphrodisiacs,
that arouse and take you to heavens,
only to throw you back, dizzy,
into the darkness.

I can see you stumble;
my hand reaches out,
but I won’t catch you,
because, once you fall,
bruise, and get up,
you will be where I am –
This cold castle,
mending its broken walls,
lighting the darkened nooks,
loving the poverty,
the half filled cups of mead,
and bread sans butter.

We, both,
were born in a home of love,
not a palace of ambitions,
with lullabies of caresses,
not the tinkling of currency,

This want is yet not as appalling
as the rich prospects
of a hollow soul!

Critique awaited! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment