Sunday 6 November 2011

FRAGMENTS OF THOUGHTS


I push the books aside,
and my papers for tomorrow.
The lamp, switch it off;
pull up the covers
and lay down on the bed,
oh! So welcoming!

And just as I am about to fall
into the deep valleys
of sweet slumber,
the cell phone beeps.

The lamp, I switch it on.
Your message, requesting me
to do you a favor with some mails.
My eyes droop no longer.
Some yawns and a smile
play around my lips.
The clock ticks on.
Sleep evades; thoughts take over:
your  message, your face, mails,
your smile, amidst the watchman’s
frosted whistles,
our handshake, always formal,
kept formal,
all a whirlwind…

Beeps again. The alarm.
The  sun.
The glowing lamp, hot;
I switch it off, and rush,
my eyes burning.

10 am:
You text and thank me for the mails.
And, yes, mention that you come back
tomorrow.

Ah! It is wonderland again.
Work evades now, and I am sure
that tonight also,
I will Dream with my eyes open!



No comments:

Post a Comment